Clifton Arcade is a victorian style shopping arcade built in the late 19th century. Here we see a streetview of the Kings Road front, there is also material for the Boyce’s Avenue front in our archive.
Clifton Arcade was built between 1876 and 1878 by Joseph King, a self-taught architect, entrepreneur and builder. It was originally known as King’s Arcade or the Clifton Bazaar, but also as King’s Folly when it first flopped after it opened in 1879. Find out more about its history at Visit Bristol.
Ths shops visible on this front of Clifton Arcade include the restaurant Nettle & Rye, the bar Amoeba, Hambledons, the coffee house Twelve, Davis Bell McCraith Wines, Aurea and Papersmiths. To find out more about shopping at the Arcade visit Bristol Mum. Additionally the side wall we see in the panorama also bears a Banksy style grafitti. Bristol is supposedly the home town of the popular street artist.