Stengade (Stone Street) is the main shopping street in central Elsinore (Helsingør) and runs for several blocks southwest to northeast parallel to the sea shore. It once was part of the “Royal Street” from Kronborg Castle to Copenhagen. Here we see its southside close to the notheastern end and close to Helsingor Cathedral. The shopping area starts at the right edge of this panorama and runs westwards. The city is especially popular with swedish tourists and one can find danish flags all over the street.
The street is full of historical and listed buildings. The most prominent being David Hansen House at the left edge in Stengade 76, built around 1570. Next to it we find Leyell House on Stengade 72 also from the 16th century. Stengade 70 with a white facade is one of the oldest buildings dating from around 1500. Then Stengade 68 and 64 (Nicolai Dahl House) with similarly structured facades date back to 1740 and 1739. The latter was built by the merchant Nikolaj Dahl.
Further areas of the street have been documented and can be edited into a streetline view.