The Main Street in Weimar (Texas) runs – as the US Route 90 highway between Schulenburg and Columbus – directly through the center of the small town and parallel to the railway line.
The small town of Weimar (approx. 2,100 inhabitants) is located approximately in the middle between Houston and San Antonio. It was built in 1873 on the planned railway line from Galveston to San Antonio and was mainly inhabited by German and Czech settlers. After the settlement was briefly called Jackson, it was finally named after the Thuringian cultural city Weimar. The town still owns its own newspaper, The Weimar Mercury.
Here we see the central street of the centre of Weimar, which stretches over about two blocks to the north. On the opposite side there is the town hall, the post office and the old railway station (today a library). On this side we see the shopping street with shops behind mostly historical fronts and on the far right in the new building the The Heritage Society Museum of Weimar.
The shops we see here from left to right are the gift shop Tin Star, the Colorado County Precinct 2 (Court), the shop trehouse, an attorneys office, Garnica’s Boot & Shoe Shop, Nationwide, Weimar Trophies and 1st Texas Home Health.