The Kornmarkt (engl. corn market) is a narrow, historic street behind the Marktkirche and the Marktkirchhof in Quedlinburg, Saxony-Anhalt. Here we see its northern street front between the Schmale Strasse on the left and the Breite Strasse on the right.
These buildings are right to left: the Adler- und Ratsapotheke (Pharmacy, Kornmarkt 8), the Ratswaage (Nr. 7), the House Kormarkt 6, the Salfeldsche Palais (Nr. 5), the house Kormarkt 4 and the ruin of the merchants house Kornmarkt 3 at the left edge. Until it was torn down in 1900 there was another half-timbered building Kornmarkt 1,2 to the left, completing the street.
In 1994 Quedlinburg with its old town ensemble has been put on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Besides the Schlossberg (engl. castle hill) with the Quedlinburg convent, the urban ensemble of 2000 preserved half-timbered houses from 8 centuries is particularly outstanding.