The historic buildings of the Wernesgrüner Brewery (formerly C.G. Männel) extend along the Brauereistraße in Wernesgrün and are now listed as historical monuments. Wernesgrün has been part of the new village of Steinberg in the Vogtland since 1994, when it merged with two other village communities.
The complex consists of a workshop building, the old barn (in half-timbered construction), the administration building, an old brewhouse, machine house and the former malt house. The brewery building in the right half of the panorama was mostly built in 1906 according to plans by the master builder Ernst Lenk from Rodewisch. A tower with a Glockenspiel is attached to the side of the central administration building.
Today the Wernesgrüner Brewery is one of the largest beer producers in East Germany and belongs to the Bitburger Group.
This panoramic view of the Wernesgrüner Brewery in the Saxon Vogtland is a contribution to the Saxon Year of Industrial Culture 2020.