The historic train station of the saxon small town Werdau. Trains start here since 1845. Lying close to the Werdau Bogendreieck (a line triangle) Werdau has always been a station for changing trains. Here the historic lines Werdau-Zwickau-Dresden and Leipzig-Hof cross. Today it is connected to Zwickau and Leipzig/Halle via the S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland, to Plauen, Hof and the chzech city Cheb via the Vogtlandbahn and the Deutsche Bahn crosses with the line Zwickau-Erfurt-Goettingen.
The station building itself was built iun 1845. Then the part with the high office building on the right was errected. Around 1900 several additions were built, including the Mitropa Hall with the large windows on the left. As the station is standing empty today it is planned to be torn down in the near future. Added on the right, you see more details of the architecture of the station, also from the backside and interior images, as well as the tunnel connecting the train platform to the building. Some images also give an impression of the bad condition of the rooms inside.
For historical infos we thank the city history museum of Werdau