The train station building of Freiberg (Saxony) in a complete front view. It was built in 1862 when the railway Dresden-Tharandt was prolonged towards Freiberg. It was designed by Freiburg based architect and professor Eduard Heuchler and included several neo-gothic elements. These have dissappeared following several restorations – as a comparison one can have a look at old views at Wikipedia. Today, above the central entrance one can find a large format royal-saxon coat of arms.
The train station (german: Bahnhof) lies along the railway lines Dresden-Werdau and Nossen-Moldava (CZ). The fist line is now used for connections towards Hof (Bavaria) and the latter is only partly in use with a regional line towards Holzhau in the Ore Mountains. Additionally the station is also connected to the S-Bahn system of Dresden.