The main train station of Strasbourg (german: Straßburg), also called the Gare Strasbourg-Ville, is the central station of the capital of the Alsace region in France and a listed building. It was inaugurated in 1883 and built during the german empire time of the city. The original first train station was located a little more central and inaugurated in 1854 and torn down in 1974.
Today this old facade of the building is hidden by an arched glass wall which formed a new entrance hall in front of the old building. This panorama shows the view of the old facade from inside this new hall. The station building in the style of Neorenaissance was built after plans of Johann Eduard Jacobsthal. Left and right of the main entrance the facade is decorated with two reliefs by Otto Geyer.
The modern view of the train station with the arched glass architecture can also be found in our archive (shortly).