A street front of the west side of the Schwarzenbergplatz in central Vienna including the buildings No. 13 (left) and 14 (right). In the left background we also see No. 12, the French Embassy.
The Schwarzenberg Square was developed in the middle of the 19th century on parts of the Vienna Glacis, after the fortifications of Vienna had been demolished. For the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Nations at Leipzig a Reiterdenkmal of Karl Philipp Schwarzenberg, the victorious general of the battle, was errected. Later the whole square was renamed after Schwarzenberg in 1880.
The left building (13) was errected in 1905 by Oskar Neumann. On the right (14) we see the Haus der Wiener Kaufmannschaft which now houses the Wirtschaftskammer Wien (Chamber of Commerce of Vienna). It was errected in 1903 after plans of Ernst Gotthilf and Oskar Neumann in neobaroque style.