Rue Francis Davso is an old town street in the 1st Arrondissement of Marseille, close to the old harbour (Vieux-Port) of the city. It is named after a fighter of the Resistance during the second world war – Francis Davso who was shot on july 16th in 1944. This street block view can be found behind the Opera of Marseille between Rue Lulli (left) and Rue Breteuil (right). There is one remarkable building in No. 75, a facade decorated with a balcony carried by two caryatids. This building was home to the pub Auberge de la Rose, a variete theatre and the newspaper Le Provençal (La Provence today).
Rue Francis Davso
This Panorama was captured in May 2016