The Rue Ecuyere is a side street of the Rue du Gros-Horloge (left), the central shopping street between the cathedral and the Place du Vieux Marché in Rouen. Rouen is considered the half-timbered capital of France, despite the destruction in World War II, about 2000 half-timbered houses (french Maison à colombages) have been preserved. A striking feature of this small street front is the historical decoration (restored by Laurent Savisky) of the Droguerie Agricole (since 1921) of the Deconihout family, which operates a Droguerie around the corner in the Rue du Gros-Horloge. On the right side of the picture we look into the Rue Rollon.
At the time of the panoramic photograph, the buildings contain shops by Jaladis Maillard, the Droguerie Agricole, the Bar L’acte 1, La Coiffure a petits prix, Les Lolitas and carré blanc.