Here we see the eastern side of the Peblinge Sø (English: Student Lake) with the street front along the Nørre Søgade in København (Copenhagen), Denmark. The Peblinge Sø is one of The Lakes of Copenhagen, a row of rectangular lakes curving around the western side of the City’s centre. Peblinge Sø is a lake between Gyldenløvesgade (right side) and Dronning Louises Bro (English: Queen Louise’s Bridge), which is the continuation of Nørrebrogade (left side). Peblinge means “little priest” and goes back to the time when the church was the sole provider of education in Denmark. The lake was created during the Middle Ages, when the city needed watermills and the once continuous long stream was cut by dams, forming the Peblinge Sø as a result.
Architecture and Buildings
What we see across the lake is the old border of Copenhagens Indre By (english: Inner City), where the city was walled and ended up to the 19th century. Today we see several notable buildings along the front. On the right edge we see the Søpavillonen (Lake Pavilion) on the dam and then on the corner with Gyldenløvesgade the Katolsk Apostolisk Kirke (Catholic Apostolic Church). Further to the left we pass by, amongst other buildings, the Københavns Kunstskole and the Music Institute of Copenhagen before we end at the elegant building complex on Søtorvet (Lake Square) on the left edge. The symmetrically arranged buildings here were errected by the Copenhagen Building Company in 1873-75 in 19th-century Neo-Renaissance style. The complex was planned by Ferdinand Meldahl, one of the leading Danish architects of the period, together with architects Ferdinand Vilhelm Jensen and Vilhelm Petersen.
Today the paths around the lakes are popular with strollers, bikers and runners.
The panorama is finnished in a montage style, but can also be finalized as a seamless panorama on request.