The building of the Deutsche Bank along Martin-Luther-Ring in central Leipzig was built 1898-1901 after plans of the Leipzig based architect Arwed Roßbach. It is situated right next to the new town hall of Leipzig, both buildings exemplary for the historism style of architecture. Originally the building was commissioned by the Leipziger Bank (bank of Leipzig), the first private bank of Saxony. The bank went bankrupt in 1901 and the building became part of the Deutsche Bank. After nationalisation in 1945 it belonged to the state bank of the GDR and via the Deutsche Kreditbank it returned to the Deutsche Bank after 1990.
Both, the Deutsche Bank as well as the new twon hall next to it, stand on the former grounds of the Pleissenburg Leipzig. This panorama is also a part of our project creating a complete view of the Leipziger Rings.