The Augustinerkirche (Church of St. Augustin) in the old town of Mainz dates back to the Augustinian hermits who existed here until their dissolution in the Reichsdeputationshauptschluss in 1803. It then became the seminary church of the seminary of the Roman Catholic diocese of Mainz.
Church and monastery building (in the panorama to the right of the church portal) were built in the 18th century. The monastery buildings between 1737 and 1753, the Augustinerkirche was built between 1768 and 1771 instead of a gothic predecessor. The baroque portal is decorated with a group of figures by Nikolaus Binterim (coronation of Mary), the interior of the church is dominated by the rococo style. The sandstone façade of the south wing of the monastery complex was also designed in the Main-Franconian baroque style with figures by Nikolaus Binterim.
Augustinerstraße is the shopping street of the southern inner city of Mainz.