The Handelskammer Hamburg functions as the Chamber of Industry and Commerce for the second largest city of Germany. It had been founded as early as 1665 as the Commerz-Deputation and today it is situated inside the Neue Börse building (New Bourse) which was built 1849/51. It was designed in neoclassicistic style by the architects Carl Ludwig Wimmel and Franz Gustav Forsmann and is placed at Adolphsplatz, directly behind the City Hall of Hamburg (tower can be seen in background). The building was extended several times, finally with the east section with a 3rd hall and the clock tower by Baudirektor Albert Erbe in 1912 (right side).
Bourse | Chamber of Commerce Hamburg
This Panorama was captured in February 2018