Åboulevard runs westward starting at the lake Peblinge Sø on the edge of Copenhagen’s city centre. It is one of the major streets leaving the city towards the north of Zealand. Here we see the northern side of Aboulevard between Blagardsgade on the left and Ewaldsgade and the lake on the right edge. The street is also the border between the Municipality of Copenhagen (this side) and the Municipality of Frederiksberg (opposite side), the latter owning a special status inside the city of Copenhagen.
The towering and imposing building in the right block is Betlehemskirken (Bethlehem Church; No. 8), which was designed by danish architect Peder Vilhelm Jensen-Klint, who is most famous for Grundtvig’s Church in the Bispebjerg district of the city. His architectural style is based on scandinavian gothic brick traditions, applied in brick expressionism. The church was finnished by his son Kaare Klint in 1937. Aboulevard numbers 14 and 16 in the left block are two similar apartment buildings called Åhusene (“The River Houses”) designed by Ulrik Plesner and built from 1936 to 1938.