The Bayerische Staatsbibliothek (Bavarian State Library) in Munich is the central state library of Bavaria and an important universal library. According to the bavarian law on statutory copies (1663) every book printed in Bavaria has to be given to the library in two copies. Also it is the second largest magazine library in europe. The library is situated in Munichs Ludwigstrasse and was built in the 1830s after plans of Ludwig von Gaertner. In front of the entrance portal four seated statues of greek scientists are placed, Aristoteles, Homer, Thukydides and Hippokrates.
In our archive one can find a more stretched version of Ludwigstrasse, including the Ludwigskirche situated to the left of the state library.