The “Alte Weberei” in Werdauer Straße is a former textile factory in Neumark, Saxony. Neumark is the northernmost town in the Saxon Vogtland with almost 3,000 inhabitants.
According to an info plaque on the facade, a textile company was founded here as early as 1871 by A. Mothes, Bachmann and Justice Müller. In 1887, the company was taken over by the C.Grabner company and subsequently became internationally successful with “Grabner’s” ladies’ cloth. The real estate company CEGRA converted the building after the fall of the Wall into a seniors residential centre with an integrated restaurant, thus preserving a piece of industrial history in the town.
This industrial architecture panorama of the Alte Weberei in Neumark is a contribution to the Saxon Year of Industrial Culture 2020.