We are looking at the south side of Äussere Bautzner Strasse between Pestalozzistraße on the left and Goethestraße on the right edge of the picture. The street is not far from the old town centre of Löbau, which is only another street block away on the left.
Accordingly, it is easy to see here how the town was expanded from left to right (out of town) during industrialisation and how the architectural styles changed in the process.
The two corner buildings on the left were built in the 1890s as historicist buildings with elaborate clinker brick facades and corner-emphasising turrets or gabled houses. They are followed to the right by further 1890s clinker brick buildings. House No. 19, here lightly plastered, already shows Art Nouveau elements and was built around 1905. The two following buildings (21, 23) were also built around 1905 and show elaborately designed facades with Art Nouveau elements, especially floral decorative elements. This is followed by another break and, with buildings no. 25-31, a uniformly kept development typical of a housing association. The façades are structured by pilasters and show historicist figural decoration. These buildings were refurbished for the municipal housing association until 2019 and are now repainted in a lighter colour. While the renovating architects dated the group of buildings to 1927, the Löbau cultural monument list notes 1912 as the construction date.